What's in a Day
We're back at it! It's amazing how exciting it can be after a small break to anticipate the first music event of the year. We visited East Camberwell Baptist Church and Glen Huntly SDA Church over the last week and it was amazing to get back into it. God really blessed on both occasions and helped us to once again experience the joy of sharing Him through word & song.
Touring, for us, comes usually in three different ways. Each are vastly different. The long stretch; On-the-road touring for between 2 weeks to 3 months! The short weekender; On-the-road for just a weekend and a couple of events. The home tour; staying at home, but doing events around the local city and state. At the moment we are in the middle of a home tour of morning events. To show you guys what a typical morning looks like I'll outline below what happened for us. Each day is a little different, depending on the church's denomination, start time and drive time.
- Day before - Pack the car with our music and sound gear.
- 5:30am - Wake up & get ready.
- 6:30am - Leave to drive into Melbourne.
- 8am - Arrive at the church of the day. Get to know the wonderful person who opened the church up for our set up and sound check.
- 8:10am - Unpack the car. Set up the sound equipment. Soundcheck. Set up information and CD interest table.
- 9:15am - Chat with the church's audio-visual team. Organise PowerPoint.
- 9:40am - Attend the church's Bible study time.
- 10:45am - Talk to the service co-ordinator about last minute details.
- 10:50am - Quick toilet break (Let's be real).
- 10:55am - Prayer.
- 11am - Church service starts with the preliminaries organised by the church.
- 11:25am - Get up and present the Message through word & song.
- 12:05pm - Church announces and collects love offering. Final Prayer.
- 12:10pm - Get to know people. Awesome conversations. Hot drinks and snacks. Church treasurer gives us a packet with the love offering.
- 1pm - Begin to pack up our music and sound equipment while chatting with new friends. Pack the car.
- 1:30pm - Begin the drive home eating the snacks we prepared earlier for lunch. Veggie sticks, corn chips and Hummus! Chatting heaps about the different conversations we had and people we met.
- 3pm - Arrive home. Decide to unpack the car later and to take nap!
So that's a little bit of a look into a home tour event day. As I said before, it differs slightly with different denominations, drive times and start times. but we love each and every one!